Safe fragmentation of stones in all locations.
Why Holmium Laser?
- Ho:YAG laser emits pulsed laser light at 2.1 µm, which is highly absorbed by water and by biological tissue.
- Depth of tissue penetration is less than 0.5 mm, providing safe coagulation and ablation.
- Only the target directly in front of the fiber tip interacts with laser radiation.
- 20W Ho:YAG laser can effectively fragment stones regardless of their size, location or chemical composition.
- Limiting power to 20W allows a very compact housing with limited heating, hence reducing power consumption, noise and cost.
Unique Long Pulse Mode
The Swiss LaserClast® is offering short and long pulse mode for lithotripsy.
In long pulse mode, the energy is delivered over a longer time so that the peak pulse power is reduced vs. short pulse mode. The Swiss LaserClast® can deliver pulse lengths up to 1'500 µsec.
- Long pulse mode is adding new benefits compared to the standard short pulse mode
- Long pulse mode improves fragmentation control by reducing stone migration
- Long pulse mode reduces laser fiber burn back
- Long pulse mode provides efficient haemostasis, coagulation and tissue cutting / ablation